WHAT: Tennessee Governor Bill Lee, Comcast and other community partners and elected officials are hosting a series of events to showcase the impact of the Tennessee Broadband Accessibility Act as it relates to the recent Comcast broadband expansion in Tipton County, Tennessee.
Comcast and Tennessee Governor Bill Lee will hold a press conference to address the economic impact of rural connectivity, followed by a panel conversation with and local leaders to share best practices and the impact on economic mobility in rural communities.
Additionally, Comcast will co-host a work-from-home career fair to inform members of the community about work from home job opportunities and resources for home-based businesses.
Members of the media are encouraged to attend. For those that cannot attend, teleconference details will be sent out later this week.
- Tennessee Governor Bill Lee
- Comcast Officials
- Assistant Commissioner of Community and Rural Development, Sammie Arnold
- Jeff Huffman, Tipton County Executive
- Tennessee Senator Paul Rose
- Tennessee Representative Debra Moody
- Covington-Tipton County Chamber of Commerce
- Tipton County Workforce Development Team
- Dyersburg Community College
WHEN: Monday, November 25, 2019 at 10 a.m.
- Press conference with Governor Bill Lee (10-10:45 a.m.)
- Media Interviews in Designated Green Room (10:45-11 a.m.)
- Panel Discussion (11 a.m.)
- Work-from-Home career expo (2-6 p.m)
WHERE: Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County, 3149 Highway 51 South, Covington, Tennessee Baptist Memorial Healthcare Academic Building & Auditorium