Residents and businesses now have access to the Xfinity 10G Network and the full suite of Xfinity services
Comcast today announced it has completed a significant network upgrade in the Town of Vanleer, Tennessee. Hundreds of residents, businesses, and local government buildings now have access to the Xfinity10G Network and a full suite of Xfinity services, including gigabit-speed internet and Comcast Business services.
“Today, hundreds of underserved Vanleer residents and businesses are now able to get reliable, high-speed Internet,” said Dickson County Mayor Bob Rial. “We thank Comcast for the significant investments they have been making in Dickson County and in rural Tennessee.”
In addition to Comcast’s traditional services, residential customers in Vanleer will have access to the following:
- Xfinity Mobile – Purchase new mobile phones, devices and accessories and choose a flexible data plan – Unlimited or By the Gigabyte – that fits your unique needs.
- Xfinity Internet – Connect to the Xfinity 10G Network and get speeds up to 2 gigabits per second, advanced WiFi gateways, and powerful WiFi Boost Pods that extend coverage to every corner of your home.
- Xfinity X1 – Explore our video platform – the ultimate entertainment experience – and try the Xfinity Voice Remote.
- Xfinity Home –Xfinity’s home security and automation solution.
Businesses in Vanleer will also have access to a full suite of Comcast Business internet, voice, and video services.
This network upgrade will also provide families with access to Comcast’s Internet Essentials program, the nation’s largest and most successful broadband adoption initiative for low-income families. Internet Essentials provides low-cost broadband service for $9.95 a month, digital literacy training and discounted computers. This, along with the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), gives income-constrained families support on their internet and mobile data plans.
“Comcast is committed to providing access to fast, secure, and reliable internet service to more residents and businesses in Vanleer and Middle Tennessee,” said Jason Gumbs, Comcast Regional SVP. “With this upgrade, hundreds of customers will now have improved access to critical resources, online education and job opportunities supporting economic growth and helping to close the digital divide.”
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s network and Internet experience are powering homes and businesses today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and symmetrical gig speeds are planned to come to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.