Over the last 18 months Comcast has connected 9,000 underserved residents and businesses in Madison to the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast today announced it has completed the second phase of its broadband network expansion into Madison, Alabama, giving an additional 3,000 residents, businesses, and local government buildings in Madison County access to Comcast’s full suite of Xfinity services, including gigabit-speed internet and Comcast Business services – all powered by the Xfinity 10G Network. With today’s announcement Comcast adds to the 6,000 homes and businesses connected in 2022 due to its network expansion efforts.
“We want to thank Comcast for making significant investments to provide high-speed internet to more citizens in Madison,” said Mayor Paul Finley. “The City of Madison looks forward to seeing the success and growth that will come with this expansion.”
“Today, thousands of residents and businesses of Madison County have access to some of the fastest speeds in the nation, and most importantly, the opportunity to be better connected in this digital world,” said Jason Gumbs, Comcast Region SVP. “We are proud of what we have been able to accomplish in two years and are grateful for the support of everyone in the City of Madison.”
In addition to Comcast’s traditional services, residential customers in the expanded area of Madison County will have access to the following Xfinity services:
- Gigabit speed internet powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
- Xfinity xFi, allowing high-speed internet customers to personalize and control their in-home Wi-Fi experience;
- Xfinity Flex, a simplified streaming solution for Xfinity Internet customers who do not want traditional TV video service;
- The X1 entertainment platform and voice remote; and
- Xfinity Home, a total home security and automation solution
- Xfinity Mobile, which offers the most affordable 5G unlimited data plan with unlimited pricing, better than those offered by the “big three” providers.
Businesses in the expanded area of Madison County will also have access to a full suite of Comcast Business internet, voice, and video services.
This expansion will also provide families with access to Comcast’s Internet Essentials program, the nation’s largest and most successful broadband adoption initiative for low-income families. Internet Essentials provides low-cost broadband service for $9.95 a month, digital literacy training and discounted computers.
To learn more, residents and businesses can visit https://www.xfinity.com/mytown/.
Over the last two years, Comcast has successfully expanded its network to such places in Alabama as Dauphin Island, Colbert County, Madison County, and Mobile County, connecting thousands of residents to the internet.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s network is powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and symmetrical gig speeds are planned to come to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.