Comcast announced today it has completed its broadband expansion to 2,387 underserved homes and businesses in Glennville, Georgia. Residents and businesses in Comcast’s service footprint now have access to a full suite of advanced communications services, including multi-gigabit speed internet.
“We are thrilled to offer the City of Glennville some of the fastest Internet speeds and most advanced technology available in Georgia,” said Jason Gumbs, Regional Senior Vice President at Comcast. “As Glennville continues to grow, we want to ensure our services can meet the demands of residents and businesses.”
Businesses in the City of Glennville now have access to several advanced services, including 2-gigabit internet, Wi-Fi, Xfinity Mobile and other solutions. Residential customers will have access to a full suite of services, including:
- Xfinity Internet, with speed tiers and pricing options from 100 Mbps through 2 Gigabit; with Xfinity xFi, customers can personalize and control their in-home Wi-Fi
- Xfinity Mobile, which combines America’s largest 5G network with millions of secure Xfinity WiFi hotspots
- X1 entertainment platform and voice remote
- Xfinity Flex, a simplified streaming solution for Xfinity Internet customers who do not want traditional TV video service; and
- Xfinity Home, a total home security and automation solution.
This expansion also provides families with access to Comcast’s Internet Essentials program, the nation’s largest broadband adoption initiative for low-income families. Internet Essentials provides low-cost broadband service for $9.95 a month, digital literacy training and discounted computers. This, along with the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), gives income-constrained families support on their internet and mobile data plans.
For residents looking to see if their neighborhood has access to Xfinity services, visit Xfinity.com or call 1-800-Xfinity. For businesses looking to connect, visit Business.Comcast.com.