Comcast to deliver fastest internet speeds to the most homes and businesses
Comcast has announced an expansion of its fiber-rich broadband network to Cabot, bringing Internet speeds of up to 100 gigabits per second (Gbps) to businesses. The expansion is scheduled for completion in the next 30 days and will deliver the fastest speeds to local businesses.
The residential network buildout, starting in the fourth quarter of 2022, will give residents speeds of up to 2 Gbps.
“We are thrilled to offer the City of Cabot some of the fastest Internet speeds and most advanced technology available in the marketplace,” said Jason Gumbs, Regional Senior Vice President at Comcast. “As Cabot continues to grow, we wanted to ensure our services could meet the demands of residents and businesses.”
Comcast customers will be able to take advantage of a full suite of products and services, including:
- Supersonic WiFi:With the fastest gig-speed WiFi, and the new WiFi 6E capable gateway, customers can power a house full of connected devices — all at once.
- Ultimate Security:xFi Advanced Security helps protect customers’ devices from billions of cyberthreats a year, and customers can add xFi Complete to extend that security on the go.
- Powerful Connection:The newest Gateway provides a more reliable connection for all connected devices. And with xFi Complete, customers get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage throughout the home, with an xFi Pod included if recommended.
- Unprecedented Control:xFi, a digital dashboard, provides control over the in-home WiFi network so customers can set screen time rules, seamlessly onboard new devices, and more.
- Xfinity Mobile, built for the way consumers use mobile today, with the internet at the core of the experience, the top ranked service in customer satisfaction can save customers up to $400 a year on their mobile bills.
- Flex, a free 4K platform for internet-only customers that seamlessly delivers streaming content.
- Comcast Businessoffers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next.
Customers should visit www.xfinity.com to determine service availability.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company that connects people to moments that matter. We are principally focused on broadband, aggregation, and streaming with over 56 million customer relationships across the United States and Europe. We deliver broadband, wireless, and video through our Xfinity, Comcast Business, and Sky brands; create, distribute, and stream leading entertainment, sports, and news through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, Universal Studio Group, Sky Studios, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, Peacock, NBC News, NBC Sports, Sky News, and Sky Sports; and provide memorable experiences at Universal Parks and Resorts in the United States and Asia. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.