Comcast announced today that Regional Senior Vice President Jason Gumbs will be a guest speaker at the Georgia Chamber of Commerce Spring Board Retreat. The event takes place near Lake Oconee in Greensboro, Georgia, and runs May 4 to May 6.
Mr. Gumbs will speak on Comcast’s investments in Georgia and how the company is helping to bridge the digital divide. This includes:
- $2.7 billion invested in Georgia through technology upgrades, digital equity programs and a growing workforce (over 4,000 employees)
- The Internet Essentials program, which has connected 760,000 low-income Georgians to the Internet
- Participation in the Federal Government’s Affordable Connectivity Program
- Comcast RISE: Over 200 Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)- and woman-owned Georgia small businesses have received millions of dollars in technology makeovers, grants and marketing services
- 20 Wi-Fi connected Lift Zones statewide, which provide students and their families free Internet access in a safe and convenient setting
“The Georgia Chamber of Commerce is a vital organization that works to further the interests of businesses in the state,” Gumbs said. “I am honored to speak at their Spring Board Retreat and showcase the work Comcast is doing in the community.”
For over 100 years the Georgia Chamber of Commerce has worked to keep, grow and create jobs to make Georgia a better state for business.