Comcast today announced a multi-million-dollar expansion of its fiber-rich network to Madison, Alabama bringing Internet speeds of up to 3 gigabits per second (Gbps) to homes, and business speeds up to 100 Gbps. Deployment of Comcast’s network has already begun, and is already available to approximately 4,000 homes and businesses across the region. By the end of 2022, services will be extended to another 6,000 residences and businesses.
“As the Madison community grows, we are excited to welcome Comcast as another Internet option for residents,” said Mayor Paul Finley. “The City of Madison looks forward to working with Comcast as it brings fresh competition to the market and provides additional resources to our community.”
Comcast customers will be able to take advantage of a full suite of products and services, including:
- Supersonic WiFi: With the fastest gig-speed WiFi, and the new WiFi 6E capable gateway, customers can power a house full of connected devices — all at once.
- Ultimate Security: xFi Advanced Security helps protect customers’ devices from billions of cyberthreats a year, and customers can add xFi Complete to extend that security on the go.
- Powerful Connection: The newest Gateway provides a more reliable connection for all connected devices. And with xFi Complete, customers get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage throughout the home, with an xFi Pod included if recommended.
- Unprecedented Control: xFi, a digital dashboard, provides control over the in-home WiFi network so customers can set screen time rules, seamlessly onboard new devices, and more.
- Xfinity Mobile, built for the way consumers use mobile today, with the internet at the core of the experience, the top ranked service in customer satisfaction can save customers up to $400 a year on their mobile bills.
- Flex, a free 4K platform for internet-only customers that seamlessly delivers streaming content.
- Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next.
“Today’s announcement is a true technology milestone for North Alabama residents and businesses,” said Jason Gumbs, Regional SVP at Comcast. “We are thrilled to offer the City of Madison some of the region’s fastest Internet speeds and most advanced technology available in the marketplace.”
Comcast is committed to digital equity, and a proud participant in the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which offers up to a $30/month subsidy to qualifying low-income households to apply towards their Internet service. Families with access to Comcast’s network can sign-up for Internet Essentials, the nation’s largest and most successful broadband adoption initiative for low-income families, offering low-cost broadband packages for $9.95 or $29.95 a month, along with digital literacy training and discounted computers. Eligible customers can receive their Internet Essentials service for free after the government’s ACP credit is applied.
Comcast’s hybrid-fiber coaxial expansion into Madison County is the latest example of significant investments Comcast has recently made in the state. Over the past three years, Comcast has made more than $152 million in technology and infrastructure investments in Alabama, including network upgrades.
To see if your neighborhood will have access to Xfinity services, you can visit www.Xfinity.com/.