City of Parkin slated for completion in mid-September
Little Rock, AR – Aug. 20, 2021 – Comcast announced today it has completed its broadband expansion buildout to over 1,575 underserved homes and businesses in Earle, Arkansas. Effective immediately, residents and businesses in Comcast’s service footprint have access to a full suite of advanced broadband communications services.
Additionally, Comcast announced plans to complete its network expansion in nearby Parkin in mid-September.
“We appreciate Comcast’s efforts to bridge the digital divide in rural Arkansas,” said City of Earle Mayor Sherman Smith. “The City of Earle stands to benefit greatly from today’s announcement, as the pandemic has made clear just how important connectivity is to our residents and businesses.”
The broadband expansion was made possible in part through the Arkansas Rural Connect (ARC) program, which was created to increase broadband access to Arkansas’ rural areas and underserved citizens.
The City of Earle applied for the ARC grant to support distance learning and telehealth, and to connect citizens to more opportunities in the workforce.
“Today’s announcement is a true milestone for residents and businesses in the City of Earle, Arkansas,” said Jason Gumbs, Regional Senior Vice President at Comcast. “We are proud to bridge the digital divide in Earle and look forward to completing our efforts soon in Parkin.”
In addition to Comcast’s wide range of internet offerings including $9.95 per month Internet Essentials to the super-fast Gigabit Pro, a 2-gigabit symmetrical service, residential customers in these areas will also have access to the following Xfinity services:
- xFi, allowing high-speed internet customers to personalize and control their in-home Wi-Fi experience;
- xFi Complete, which offers unlimited data and Wi-Fi coverage throughout the home, plus the xFi Gateway with its inclusion of Advanced Security;
- Five lines of Xfinity Mobile service included with their internet service, with no activation or line access fees;
- Xfinity WiFi hotspots, giving customers access to more than 19 million hotspots across the country to connect to while on the go;
- Xfinity Flex, a simplified streaming solution for Xfinity internet-only customers with thousands of free shows and movies and a subscription to the Peacock streaming service;
- The X1 entertainment platform and award-winning remote, with the Peacock streaming service included;
- Xfinity Stream, offering thousands of Xfinity on Demand movies and shows, and access to the DVR library; and
- Xfinity Home, a total home security and automation solution.
Area businesses will also have access to a full suite of Comcast Business services, including Ethernet, up to 1-gigabit internet speeds, Wi-Fi, TV and Managed Enterprise Solutions to help organizations of all sizes.