New Store Delivers Highly Immersive Destination for Consumers
(Woodstock, GA) – March 9, 2021 – Comcast today announced the opening of its newest Xfinity retail store located in Woodstock, Ga. The 2,000 square foot facility, situated in the Ridgewalk Landing Shopping Center across from Costco Wholesale, offers a highly immersive retail experience where shoppers can discover, experience, and interact with Comcast’s latest products and services.
The new store, which opened Friday, March 5th, is located at 289 Ridgewalk Parkway and operates from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
The store features interactive displays, new product offerings and lounge seating where customers can explore all Xfinity products, including high speed internet, the X1 entertainment platform and Xfinity Mobile. In addition, the store features a full selection of the latest mobile devices, accessories and other retail offerings.
“We are very excited to expand our presence in Cherokee County with this modern retail center,” said Jason Gumbs, Regional SVP at Comcast. “With this opening, Comcast continues its focus on being a leading provider of innovative, reliable and high-value solutions for our customers.”
Xfinity stores are designed strategically by product area —Xfinity Mobile, Xfinity X1, Xfinity Home and Xfinity Internet – so customers can see the company’s products in action.
- Xfinity Mobile is a key part of Xfinity stores – customers can purchase new mobile phones or bring their own Apple devices and choose a data plan based on their individual needs – electing to pay by the gig or choose unlimited service.
- Discover xFi, the Xfinity personalized home Wi-Fi experience, and learn how to view and control network devices through the app, site, or voice remote in the Xfinity Internet Zone.
- X1, the next generation video platform, is featured in a living room environment, so customers can try the voice remote and see how X1 works firsthand.
- The Connected Home Zone section showcases how Xfinity Home combines the best of home security and automation into one simple experience – customers can learn how they can control an increasing number of IoT devices from their phone, tablet or Xfinity Home touchscreen.
Adhering to COVID-19 safety protocols, this newest retail location, along with all Xfinity stores, implements standard safety protocols and policies, including:
- Required face coverings for all employees and customers;
- Practicing social distancing measures, including limited in-store customers to maintain a six-foot distance;
- Installed plexiglass dividers between interaction areas, kiosks, and on workstations;
- Professionally cleaned facilities twice daily, prioritizing COVID-19 protocols.
The opening of new and more modern Xfinity stores is part of Comcast’s multi-year strategy to transform the customer experience with a focus on providing new and existing customers with a retail space where they can easily and enjoyably learn about new and existing products; how to optimize Xfinity services; and how to address and meet all service needs.