Location Delivers Interactive, High-Tech Experience
(ATLANTA) – February 24, 2021 – Comcast today announced the opening of its newest Xfinity retail store in Rome, Ga., located in Floyd County. The 2,739 square foot facility, situated in the expanding Eastbend Shopping Center, is a highly immersive destination where shoppers can discover, experience, and interact with Comcast’s latest products and services.
The new store, located at 1447 Turner McCall Blvd., opens Wednesday, February 24, with retail hours of 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
The location features interactive displays, new product offerings and lounge seating where customers can explore all Xfinity products, including high speed internet, the X1 entertainment platform, and Xfinity Mobile. In addition, the store features a full selection of the latest mobile devices, accessories and other retail offerings.
“We’re excited to join the Rome community with our new modern and immersive retail store,” said Jason Gumbs, Regional SVP at Comcast. “Today’s announcement underscores Comcast’s commitment and focus on being a leading provider of innovative, reliable and high-value solutions for our customers.”
Xfinity stores are designed strategically by product area —Xfinity Mobile, Xfinity X1, Xfinity Home and Xfinity Internet – so customers can see the company’s products in action.
- Xfinity Mobile is a key part of Xfinity stores – customers can purchase new mobile phones or bring their own Apple devices and choose a data plan based on their individual needs – electing to pay by the gig or choose unlimited service.
- Discover xFi, the Xfinity personalized home Wi-Fi experience, and learn how to view and control network devices through the app, site, or voice remote in the Xfinity Internet Zone.
- X1, the next generation video platform, is featured in a living room environment, so customers can try the voice remote and see how X1 works firsthand.
- The Connected Home Zone section showcases how Xfinity Home combines the best of home security and automation into one simple experience – customers can learn how they can control an increasing number of IoT devices from their phone, tablet or Xfinity Home touchscreen.
Adhering to COVID-19 safety protocols, this newest retail location, along with all Xfinity stores, implements standard safety protocols and policies, including:
- Required face coverings for all employees and customers;
- Practicing social distancing measures, including limited in-store customers in order to maintain a six-foot distance;
- Installed plexiglass dividers between interaction areas, kiosks, and on workstations;
- Professionally cleaned facilities twice daily, prioritizing COVID-19 protocols
The opening of new and more modern Xfinity stores is part of Comcast’s multi-year strategy to transform the customer experience with a focus on providing new and existing customers with a retail space where they can easily and enjoyably learn about new and existing products; how to optimize Xfinity services; and how to address and meet all service needs.