Updated Retail Center Designed to Provide a Simple and Easy Customer Experience
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – September 17, 2020: Comcast announced today the opening of its enhanced Xfinity customer retail store in Knoxville, Tenn. The 4,100 square-foot facility, located at 5132 N. Broadway provides customers an immersive destination to discover and interact directly with the latest Xfinity products and services. This space is the third of its kind to be added in greater Knoxville.
Beginning today, Knoxville area customers will notice a major difference in the more modern retail center. The store features interactive displays and lounge-like seating areas where visitors can explore all XFINITY products, from internet, video and connected home solutions to Xfinity Mobile. In addition to the latest mobile devices and top-of-the-line accessories, retail offerings at the store will include Xfinity Home accessories and other merchandise that complement the services.
“We’re proud to bring this new retail setting and enhanced level of service to our Knoxville customers,” said Jason Gumbs, Regional SVP at Comcast. “The re-opening of our Knoxville Xfinity store is another milestone in our larger campaign to offer a simpler and more convenient retail experience.”
The store will be open for business Monday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
Xfinity stores are designed strategically by product area —Xfinity Mobile, Xfinity X1, Xfinity Home and Xfinity Internet – so customers can see the company’s industry-leading products in action.
- Xfinity Mobile is a key part of Xfinity stores – customers can purchase new mobile phones, or bring their own Apple devices and choose a flexible data plan based on their individual needs – electing to pay by the gig or choose unlimited service.
- Discover xFi, the Xfinity personalized home Wi-Fi experience, and learn how to view and control network devices through the app, site or voice remote in the Xfinity Internet zone.
- X1, the next generation video platform, is featured in a living room environment, so customers can try the voice remote and see how X1 works firsthand.
- The Connected Home Zone section showcases how Xfinity Home combines the best of home security and automation into one simple experience – customers can learn how they can control an increasing number of IoT devices from their phone, tablet or Xfinity Home touchscreen.
Due to COVID-19, Comcast has implemented several new policies in its stores, including:
- Requiring face coverings for all employees and customers
- Practicing social distancing measures such as limiting the number of customers in the store to maintain a six-foot distance between persons
- Installing plexiglass dividers between interaction areas, kiosks, and on workstations
- Cleaning stores professionally twice every day
The opening of new Xfinity stores is part of Comcast’s multi-year strategy to transform the customer experience; the stores provide new and existing customers a place to learn how to optimize their Xfinity services and to address any service needs.