Customers Now Have Access to Comcast’s Full Suite of Advanced Services
Charleston, SC – July 13, 2020: Comcast today announced it has significantly enhanced its network serving Walterboro and Beaufort, South Carolina, bringing its advanced broadband services to the areas. Residents in both towns now have access to several new services, including Xfinity high-speed internet, Xfinity Home, Xfinity Mobile and the X1 entertainment platform. All of Comcast Business’ product and service offerings are also now available to businesses, schools, hospitals and other organizations.
The upgrade supports the growing consumer demand for fast, high-capacity Internet connections that can not only handle the explosion of connected devices that are powering the smart home, but also offer a single platform to manage and protect them all.
In addition to Comcast’s traditional services, residential customers will also have access to the following Xfinity services:
- Six Xfinity Internet service options, including gigabit internet (Beaufort only), offering a variety of speed tiers;
- xFi Advanced Security, which protects devices from online threats;
- Xfinity WiFi Hotspots, offering access to more than 19 million hotspots nationally
- Xfinity Flex, a simplified streaming solution for Xfinity Internet customers;
- The X1 entertainment platform and voice remote with an all-digital lineup;
- Xfinity Voice, an IP-enabled, digital-quality home phone service
- Xfinity Stream, offering On Demand movies and shows, and access to the DVR library;
- Xfinity Home, a total home security solution;
- Xfinity Mobile, which combines the nation’s most reliable 5G network with the largest Wi-Fi network.
“Being connected at home with a fast and reliable internet connection has perhaps never been more critical,” said Jason Gumbs, Regional SVP at Comcast. “This is part of Comcast’s ongoing commitment to bridge the digital divide and enhance the overall customer experience.”