WHAT: To help those impacted by the Nashville tornados stay in touch with family and friends and get important information, Comcast is extending its free access to more than 8,500 WiFi hotspots across Greater Nashville through March 16.
WHO: The hotspots are available for anyone to use, including non-Xfinity customers
WHEN: Now through March 16
WHERE: For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoor in local businesses and outdoors in places such as shopping districts and parks and along roadways, visit Xfinity.com/wifi
Xfinity WiFi hotspots are open in the following zip codes:
Access to the Wi-Fi hotspots is free to anyone who needs them, including non-Xfinity customers. To access XFINITY WiFi hotspots, users should:
- Visit Xfinity.com/wifi for a map of Xfinity WiFi outdoor and SMB hotspots.
- Once at a hotspot, select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
- Xfinity Internet customers can sign in with their username and password and will be automatically connected at Xfinity WiFi hotspots in the future.
- Non-Comcast subscribers can connect by clicking the “Accept & Connect” button and will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every two hours.
- Emergency management procedures dictate that electricity must be restored first and Comcast must receive clearance that it is safe for our crews to begin any restoration work. Should customers experience a loss of service due to a power outage, local power must first be restored before Xfinity video, phone or internet services can begin working again.
- If customers have electricity but Xfinity services have not yet come back on, Comcast recommends that customers restart or reset devices, including wireless gateways, modems, routers and cable boxes.
- In some cases, customers may have power back but not their Xfinity services because commercial power has not been restored to our network in their area.
- Customers should always stay clear of downed power and cable lines in the interest of safety.
- The most effective way to get outage updates and information about Comcast services is to visit Xfinity.com/MyAccount or to access the Xfinity My Account app from any secure, internet-enabled mobile device.
- For more information, customers can chat online with an agent, visit stormready.xfinity.com or connect with Comcast on Twitter at @ComcastCares