We want our customers to stay safe during severe weather events like Hurricane Michael. Here are some important safety tips:
- Customers should unplug their equipment or use a surge protector to plug in TVs, modems and cable boxes so that when power is restored, those devices aren’t damaged by power surges.
- Comcast Xfinity Voice customers can download the Xfinity Connect app, which allows you to forward calls made to your home phone number to your mobile phone, check home phone voicemails, send and receive free text messages and more.
- The most effective way to get outage updates and information about Comcast services is to visit com/MyAccountor to access the Xfinity My Account app from any secure, internet-enabled mobile device.
- If customers have electrical power but Xfinity services have not yet come back on, Comcast recommends that customers restart or reset devices, including wireless gateways, modems, routers and cable boxes.
- Customers should always stay clear of downed power and cable lines in the interest of safety.
- For more information, customers can chat online with an agent, visit https://comca.st/2yo0FCKor connect with Comcast on Twitter at @ComcastCares