With Winter Storm Grayson impacting the Savannah and Charleston regions, Comcast’s goal will be to restore any services affected as soon as it is safe for our employees to do so. If Comcast services are down in an area due to a power outage, local power must be restored before video, phone, home security and internet services can begin working again.
The following are service and safety tips for our customers during severe weather events:
• The most effective way to get outage updates and information about Comcast services is to visit www.Xfinity.com/MyAccount or to access the Xfinity My Account app from any secure, internet-enabled mobile device.
• If customers have electrical power but Xfinity service has not yet come back on, Comcast recommends that customers restart or reset devices, including wireless gateways, modems, routers and cable boxes.
• Customers should unplug their equipment or use a surge protector to plug in TVs, modems and cable boxes so that when power is restored, those devices aren’t damaged by power surges.
• Customers should always stay clear of downed power and cable lines in the interest of safety.
• Customers can chat online with an agent or visit www.customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support. Using social media, customers can connect with Comcast on Twitter at @ComcastCares, or visit @ComcastSouth for regular storm updates. For additional tips and support, visit us at http://comca.st/2EPmDkf.