Three events designed to attract and support military personnel
and their spouses ahead of Veterans Day
(ATLANTA) – November 1, 2017 – Comcast announced today its participation in three upcoming employment fairs aimed at reaching the company’s national goal of hiring 10,000 military members and their spouses by the end of 2017.
Comcast will participate in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes event, scheduled for November 7 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event is open to all veterans, service members and military spouses, and takes place at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. Attendees will be offered workshops on personal branding, resume building and mock interviews. More information can be found at www.hiringourheroes.org/events.
Comcast NBCUniversal is also hosting two virtual career fairs. The first online event takes place on November 9 from 1-4 p.m. The second career fair will be held November 16 from 5-7 p.m. Both events are open to the military community nationwide. Applicants may visit https://vr.veterancareerfairs.com/event/vr/login ahead of time to learn more and register.
Interested candidates can also visit Comcast’s employment website at http://careers.comcast.com. Comcast will provide additional training to new hires.
Supporting the U.S. military and their family members is a proud Comcast NBCUniversal tradition. Comcast NBCU has engaged in a push to hire 10,000 Veterans, National Guard and Reserve members, and military spouses between January 2015 and December 2017. By June 2017, Comcast had already hired more than 7,500 members of the military community
Comcast offers a variety of benefits, policies, and services to support employees in the military and their families at every stage of their transition—before, during, and after training or deployment. These include:
- Military Concierge Service Team: A dedicated military concierge service that helps employees and their families understand the enhanced benefits and policies, and navigate the processes related to transitioning between Comcast and military duties.
- Supplemental Pay: Eligibility for supplemental pay for three years.
- Paid Time Off: Employees may take up to 15 days paid time off for annual Guard and Reserve required training.
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Employees on military leave of absence can treat military supplemental pay as 401(k), Savings Starter and ESPP-eligible, and continue to contribute to those plans using supplemental pay deductions while on leave. They can also make up contributions while on leave.
- Health & Welfare Benefit Plans: Employees on military leave of absence can keep their Comcast benefits plan beyond the first 60 days of leave (contributions can also continue based on the plan in which they are enrolled), or elect the government benefits plan.
- Courtesy Services: Employees who are on military leave of absence can keep Courtesy Services for the duration of the absence (up to five years).
- Transfer Assistance: Employees who are spouses of active duty military who need to relocate due to qualified deployments or base transfers may receive transfer assistance in the form of job search and/or financial benefits.
For more information, visit www.comcastcareers.com/military.