Investment designed to deliver 10-gigagbit speeds
to county’s fast-growing business sector
Peachtree Corners, GA – Sept. 5, 2017 – Comcast Business today announced it is building a fiber network designed to deliver 10-gigabit speeds to businesses across some of Gwinnett County’s most populous areas. When the network is completed later this year, it will provide highly scalable and ultra-fast Internet connectivity and cloud-based voice solutions.
Comcast’s fiber network will extend to businesses at or near:
- Downtown Suwanee
- Gwinnett Place Mall in Duluth
- Gwinnett County Airport in Lawrenceville
- City of Duluth
The fiber network is scheduled for completion during the fourth quarter of 2017.
“Today’s news is another important step toward keeping Gwinnett County a premier destination for businesses looking to relocate or expand,” said Nick Masino, Chief Economic Development Officer of Partnership Gwinnett and SVP of the Gwinnett Chamber. “We appreciate Comcast’s support in bringing its world-class technology to our backyard, and are excited for the long-term benefits that our county is poised to experience.”
As one of the fastest growing regions in the nation, Gwinnett County is home to numerous FORTUNE 500 companies focused on manufacturing, technology and retail.
“Bringing our 10-gigabit fiber network to Gwinnett County will nicely support their focus on attracting new industries of all sizes,” said Shawn Geagan, Vice President of Business Development at Comcast. “We are thrilled to make this important investment, and appreciate the strong partnership we have enjoyed with Gwinnett County.”
Comcast Business serves schools, businesses, hospitals, and other organizations that require large amounts of bandwidth, are looking to link multiple locations, or that plan to connect their offices to a third-party data center. Services offered include:
- Ethernet Private Line: point-to-point connectivity between two customer sites for bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Ethernet Virtual Private Line: point-to-multipoint connection to enable customers to tailor bandwidth, performance characteristics, and cost.
- Ethernet Network Service: multipoint-to-multipoint connectivity to connect organizations with high-bandwidth requirements and multiple locations across Comcast’s network.
- Ethernet Dedicated Internet: continuous, high-bandwidth connectivity between customers’ LANs and the public Internet.
Nationally, Comcast Business’s Ethernet services are delivered over an advanced network that spans 140,000 miles and features a 100 Gbps backbone and expanded local footprint through Ethernet over HFC. Bandwidth is available up to 10 Gbps and can be scaled in increments and offered in three different classes of service, backed by strict service level agreements and monitored 24x7x365 from Comcast’s dedicated Network Operations Centers.